ELIZABETHTON — Employees of five local businesses sold alcohol to an underage, undercover customer on Friday, resulting in criminal summonses, Elizabethton police said in a news release.
Police sent a "confidential operative" younger than 21 but older than 18 into businesses to attempt to buy alcohol as part of a check for state law compliance.
Five people working for five different businesses allowed the operative to but alcohol, police said. The locations were:
• Go Grocery, 701 West Elk Ave.
• Bonnie Kate Cafe, 115 S. Sycamore St.
• The Smokehouse BBQ Company, 1941 Milligan Hwy.
• Beef O’ Brady’s, 173 Hudson Drive
• Lakeo Steakhouse of Japan, 139 Hudson Drive.
Each employee was issued a criminal summons for sale of alcohol to a minor. Appearances were set for Dec. 3 in Carter County Sessions Court.comments powered by Disqus