Fairiest of the Fair contestant Kayla Hobbs, 18, sponsored by Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz. (Lee Talbert/Johnson City Press)
This year's Fairest of the Fair Contest winner was Kayla Hobbs, 18, of Kingsport.
According to the Appalachian Fair website, Hobbs will receive a cash prize and will represent the Appalachian Fair in Tennessee's "Fairest of the Fair" Contest in Nashville in January. Hobbs is the daughter of Shean and Judy Hobbs.
The contest was held Monday night, the first day of the Appalachian Fair.
Below are the rest of the winners who participated in the contest.
• 1st Runner Up: Dominique Haun, 16-year-old daughter of Eric and Misty Haun of Johnson City
• 2nd Runner Up: Kyla Staubus, 17-year-old daughter of Chris and Lynn Colley of Kingsport
• 3rd Runner Up: Hannah Rigsby, 17-year-old daughter of Richard and Amy Rigsby of Jonesborough
• 4th Runner Up: Harley Follis, 16-year-old daughter of Neal and Linda Follis of BluffCity
There was a tie for the Ashley Williams Miss Congeniality Award:
• Megan Rigsby, the 17-year-old daughter of Jim and Christy Rigsby of Kingsport
• Jessica Wheelock, the 19-year-old daughter of Wendy Wheelock of Gray
Click the photo below for images of all the contestants in this year's contest and the winner in 2012.