1. On Sunday from 3-5 p.m., Rockingham Road will play for the Historic Tree Streets Music in the Park. The concert will be in Veterans Park, Southwest Avenue. Bring your lawn chair or your blanket. Admission is free. Donations for the musicians will be appreciated. Information: http://www.treestreets.us
2. The Campfire Program at Rock Reek Recreation Area Amphitheater near Erwin will feature Spivey Mountain Boys tonight at 8. Admission is free and includes a marshallow roast with marshmallows and spits provided.
3. “Liberty!” the Official Outdoor Drama of the State of Tennessee runs tonight and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at the Watauga Amphitheater at Sycamore Shoals State Historic Area, 1651 W. Elk Ave., in Elizabethton. Tickets: $12 for adults, $10 for seniors and $8 for students. Children ages 5 and younger admitted free. Information: 543-5808.
4. Join in celebrating the official kick off to Fun Fest! Downtown Kingsport today from 11:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. with family-oriented activities and entertainment along with a whole block filled with food from area restaurants and vendors. There will be a Mr. and Ms. Mardi Gras Best Costume pageant for kids with registration today. The winners get a trophy and get to ride in the Fun Fest Parade. Admisson: free. Information: http://funfest.net
5. Enjoy and evening of cars at downtown Elizabethton’s Cruise-In Saturday from 5-9 p.m. Cars from classic to brand new will line both sides of Elizabethton’s Elk Avenue for enthusiasts to stop and admire. Sponsored by the Carter County Car Club.