The Upcoming Events list, a public service of the Times-News, runs on a space available basis and does not always run in its entirety. To list an event, e-mail to email@example.com, fax it to (423) 392-1385, or contact the sports department after 5 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328 ext. 323. The list normally is published on Tuesdays. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
• ALICIA MANNING AMP’D TRAINING CAMP, July 8-11 at Robinson Middle School. For boys and girls grades 4-9. Camp held 8 a.m.-noon (grades 4-6) and 1-5 p.m. (grades 7-9 ). Cost is $160 (discounts for more than one in family). For more information, contact Tory Lorimer at (423) 579-4253.
• MILLIGAN COLLEGE Camps, July 8-12, July 15-19 and July 22-26. Full instructional camp for boys and girls ages 7-17. Cost is $165. For more information, contact Bill Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 461-8332.
• KING UNIVERSITY GIRLS CAMP, July 8-12 on campus. Camp is open to ages 7-17. For more information, go to kingtornado.com, call (423) 341-8985 or email email@example.com.
• CARSON-NEWMAN DRILL FACTORY CAMPS, July 8-12, for boys and girls grades 3-12. Cost is $135. For more information, contact assistant coach Shane Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 973-3073.
• WEST COLONIAL HILLS CAMP run by Dickie Warren, July 15-18 from 9 a.m.-noon for boys and girls ages 7-14. For more information, call (423) 239-9911.
• KING UNIVERSITY BOYS CAMP, July 15-18 (Position), conducted by George Pitts and his staff. Cost is $95 for each camp. For more information, contact Associate Head Coach Nick Pasqua at email@example.com or (423) 652-6031. Register online at www.kingtornado.com.
• EAST TENNESSEE STORM fourth and sixth grade boys tryouts. For more information, contact Jason Carter 423-833-8431.
• CARSON-NEWMAN TECHNIQUE CAMP, July 6. Camp focuses on football fundamentals for grades 9-12. Cost is $35, For more information, contact Aaron Hutsell at (865) 471-4794 or Paula Yokley at (865) 471-346.
• HONAKER FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT, Aug. 10 at 9 a.m. at Greenway Golf Course in Glade Spring. The format is a 4-man captain’s choice with an entry fee of $260 per team. For more information, call Doug Hubbard (276) 202-2552.
• ULTIMATE ATHLETE CLINIC, July 5 at the ProStrength & Speed facility in Rogersville from noon to 2 p.m. Collegiate strength coach Greg Werner from JMU will be the featured speaker. The free program will focus on developing speed and agility. For more information, call (423) 327-3322 or (423) 921-6995.
• STARS AND STRIPES 4 MILE RUN/ WALK, July 3 at 8 p.m. Cost is $20 before July 2, $25 after. For more information, go to werunevents.com or call Debbie Guy at (423) 543-6975.
• FIRECRACKER 4 MILER, July 4 at Rogersville City Park. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• WOLF RUN, July 16 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 7 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
• APPALACHIA RAILROAD DAYS 5K and 1-Mile Fun Walk, Aug. 3 at 8 a.m. in Appalachia, Va. Entry fee is $14 ($15 race day) for 8K; $10 ($11) for Fun Walk. For more information, go to runtricities.org or contact Randy Blair at (276) 565-0406 or Pam Hutchinson at (276) 565-0821.
• PHIPPS BEND 5K, Aug. 24 at Phipps Bend Industrial District in Surgoinsville. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, Sept. 14 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 15 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
• JOY OF SOCCER CAMP at Tusculum College. Team camps will be conducted July 14-18 and July 21-25. The camps are ages 6-17, cost of residential campers is $395, non-residential full-day participants $295 and half-day campers $195. For more information, contact Coach Mike Joy at (423) 636-7321 or 1-800-729-0256 ext. 5321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SWIM AMERICA SWIM LESSONS at the Dobyns-Bennett pool for ages 4 and up and all abilities. Session 3: July 8, 11, 15, 17, 23, 25, 30. Cost is $87.50 ($70 for returning students). For more information go to www.KingsportPiranhas.com or contact Jorge Blasini email@example.com or (423) 967-4264.
• BARRACUDA SWIM CLUB is now practicing Monday-Friday in the Kingsport Aquatic Center. New membership is ongoing. Beginner to national qualifier swimmers. For more information, contact coach Chris Coraggio at (423) 833-5595 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.barracudaswimclub.org.
• RIDGEFIELDS SUMMER TENNIS CAMPS, open to the public: beginner/intermediate, July 16-19, $65. There will also be sports camps for all ages 5-13 July 9-12. Cost is $195. Top tier tennis academy, July 29-Aug 1 for tournament and state ranked players only. For more information, call Mike Norris at (423) 723-9991 or Brad Pippin at (423) 383-0170.
• EXCEL CAMP AT KING UNIVERSITY. Middle school skills camp July 1-3. For more information, go to kingtornado.com/sports/wvball.
• CARSON-NEWMAN CAMPS AND CLINICS throughout July. Seven in total for all ages and skillsets. For more information, go to www.carsonnewmanvolleyballcamp.com, call (865) 471-4216 or email email@example.com.