Johnson City Press Thursday, July 30, 2015
SNEAK PEEK: Take a first look at our new site and tell us what you think. ยป
Local News

No injuries in Newton Street fire in Johnson City

June 6th, 2013 9:22 am by Staff report

No injuries in Newton Street fire in Johnson City

Smoldering embers in a portable fire pit were determined to be the cause of a blaze that caused moderate damage to a home on Newton Street Wednesday.

Firefighters with the Johnson City Fire Department were called to 2905 Newton Street just after 8 a.m. Wednesday and found that fire was burning in the attic.

According to a news release, "The fire started on a wooden deck from a portable metal fire pit which was used the night before. Smoldering embers caught the deck on fire and then melted the vinyl soffit. This allowed the fire to enter the attic from the outside of the house."

On Wednesday June 5, 2013, the Johnson City Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire at 2905 Newton Street.

Neighbors called 911 and alerted the occupants of the fire.

The house sustained moderate damage to the attic and roof areas

No injuries were reported.

The fire department response included 4 engines 2 ladders.

comments powered by Disqus