ROAN MOUNTAIN — Lightning may have been the cause of a trailer fire at 157 Bud Miller Road on Tuesday night.
Volunteer fire departments from Roan Mountain, Stoney Creek and Elk Park put out the fire. Sgt. Michael Bean of the Carter County Sheriff's Department said the fire consumed about 50 percent of the mobile home.
Resident Richard Guinn said he and his wife were asleep when he heard the smoke alarm going off. They found the opposite side of the trailer on fire. They grabbed a few possessions and exited to call 911.
Bean asked Guinn if he thought lightning caused the fire. Guinn said he wasn't sure if it was lightning or an electrical problem.
There were no injuries reported.