Johnson City Press Thursday, October 2, 2014
Local News

Burned-through water line helps put out Carter Co. trailer fire

April 9th, 2013 4:22 pm by Staff Report

Burned-through water line helps put out Carter Co. trailer fire

ELIZABETHTON — A weekend fire at a mobile home on Rockhouse Road was easily brought under control because the fire burned through a water line before the fire was discovered.
Jack Trivette, 114 Rockhouse Road, Lot 23, told Deputy Issac Rhea of the Carter County Sheriff's Department he returned home early Saturday morning to hear the sound of water running inside his residence. When he went inside, he found the mobile home filled with smoke and called 911. Trivette told Rhea he had left a portable heater on in his bedroom when he went away because his heat pump did not work.
Chief Conley Jones of the West Carter County Volunteer Fire Department told Rhea the fire appeared to have started in the wall where the heater had been plugged in. Jones said when the fire started, it burned through a water line and the water from the broken line extinguished most of the flames by the time the fire department had arrived.

comments powered by Disqus