Johnson City Press Friday, November 28, 2014
Regional & National

Vets save NYC dog who swallowed 111 pennies

March 13th, 2013 11:37 am by Staff Report

Vets save NYC dog who swallowed 111 pennies

NEW YORK — A New York City dog has undergone emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.

The New York Daily News reports (http://nydn.us/X4UR6b) that a Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.

The 13-year-old pooch's owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.

That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. The zinc from the coins could be lethal.

The dog's owner told the newspaper his best friend is back to his normal self, driving him crazy.

___

Information from: Daily News, http://www.nydailynews.com

comments powered by Disqus