ELIZABETHTON — A house was destroyed in the Siam community early Tuesday morning.
Deputy Michele Meade and Lt. Penny Cornett responded to the fire at 2:25 a.m. and said the house was engulfed in flames. Meade said the Hampton-Valley Forge, Stoney Creek and Watauga volunteer fire departments were on the scene.
Hampton Fire Chief Johnny Isaacs said the fire started in a back bedroom, where he found a propane tank. Isaacs also said the home did not have electricity.
Meade said the owner of the home was Karen Campbell, who arrived on the scene and said she had propane and kerosene heaters in the back bedroom.
The fire was reported by a newspaper carrier, Kendra Walker.