The agency steers potential gunmen toward mental health professionals.
2. 'LAWRENCE OF ARABIA' STAR DIES
Peter O'Toole, who died at 81 in London, became a global star with his legendary performance as T.E. Lawrence.
3. ATTEMPTED COUP IN SOUTH SUDAN
South Sudanese Foreign Minister Barnaba Marial Benjamin says some troops within the main army base raided the weapons store and were repulsed.
4. BACHELET WINS CHILE ELECTIONS
The former president wins a new term with a mandate to overhaul education and change the constitution.
5. FEDERAL WORKERS' PENSIONS TARGETED IN BUDGET DEAL
Most federal civilian employees hired beginning in January will contribute 4.4 percent of their pay to their plans under the House-passed bill.
6. PRESIDENTS AT 42 PRIVATE COLLEGES TOP $1 MILLION IN PAY
The Chronicle of Higher Education's report used federal tax information from 2011, the most recent available.
7. CHINA TO LAUNCH MOON ROCK-COLLECTING PROBE IN 2017
The Chang'e 5 mission would mark the third and final phase of the Asian nation's robotic lunar exploration program.
8. WHO'S CHIDING CIA ON MISSING AMERICAN IN IRAN
Sen. McCain says the agency hasn't been forthcoming with Congress on Robert Levinson's disappearance while on a secret intelligence mission.
9. CAMERON SEES CLASSIC IN 'AVATAR' FILMS
The director says his vision for his three sequels is to create a family epic in the mold of "The Godfather."
10. PACKERS MATCH BIGGEST COMEBACK IN FRANCHISE HISTORY
Green Bay rallies from 23 points down at halftime to beat Cowboys 37-36.