Investigators looking into the Metro-North wreck will examine factors ranging from excessive speed to mechanical problems.
2. ADMINISTRATION SAYS WORST GLITCHES GONE FROM HEALTH CARE WEBSITE
The online portal will face a new test on Dec. 23 when consumers rush to meet deadline for Jan. 1 coverage.
3. WHICH DILEMMA RETAILERS ARE FACING AFTER BLACK FRIDAY
Despite rising numbers of people who went to stores this weekend, shoppers spent almost 3% less than last year.
4. THAI PRIME MINISTER SAYS SHE WON'T RESIGN
Violence continues in Bangkok as government leader rejects demonstrators' demands.
5. WHAT JESSE OWENS' OLYMPIC MEDAL REVEALS
The black athlete's gold trophy from the Berlin Olympics, up for auction this week, recalls American segregation and Nazi propaganda about Aryan supremacism.
6. WHY VENEZUELA'S INFLUENCE IS WANING
Faced with an economic crisis, Hugo Chavez's successor is unable to be as generous with foreign aid.
7. A PRICE JUMP FOR '12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS' GIFT TROVE
You would shell out over $114,000 to buy all 364 items in the traditional holiday carol--6.9% more than last year.
8. ALOHA STATE'S GAY WEDDINGS BEGIN
Mass ceremonies in Waikiki are among the planned nuptials on the first day gays could get married in Hawaii.
9. TRAGIC END FOR HOLLYWOOD RACING HERO
Investigators say speed was a factor in the death of 'Fast & Furious' star Paul Walker, killed in a fiery one-car crash in L.A.
10. SHAKEUP IN AP'S TOP 25 POLL
Auburn jumps to the third slot in the college football rankings after the Tigers upset Alabama; Florida State claims the top spot, Ohio State takes second.