The Muslim Brotherhood pushed for retaliation after security forces killed more than 50 supporters of Egypt's ousted president.
2. HOW THE US IS RESPONDING
The Obama administration has backed Egypt's military, but Congress is looking at withholding part of its $1.5 billion in aid if a civilian government isn't restored.
3. LANDING SPEED FOCUS IN SAN FRANCISCO CRASH
The Asiana Airlines flight dropped below the threshold for a safe landing speed about half a minute from the airport.
4. CLEVELAND WOMEN BREAK THEIR SILENCE
Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight said they are recovering from their "ordeal." They hadn't appeared in public since police found them in a home where they said they were kidnapped and abused.
5. HEZBOLLAH STRONGHOLD HIT BY EXPLOSION
The blast set several cars on fire and wounded at least 15 in a suburb of Beirut.
6. CANADA INVESTIGATORS FOCUS ON EARLIER TRAIN FIRE
The blaze that happened hours before the train derailed, killing at least 13, may have damaged the breaks.
7. SCREAMS ON A 911 CALL BECOME KEY TO ZIMMERMAN TRIAL
Witnesses for both sides have testified that it was either George Zimmerman or Trayvon Martin screaming for help.
8. BIDEN TO REMEMBER ARIZONA FIREFIGHTERS
The vice president is coming to a memorial service today not far from where the 19-man crew perished on a charred mountainside.
9. HOW OBAMACARE GIVES SMOKERS A BREAK
A computer glitch in the new health care system will limit penalties that companies can charge smokers, and will take at least a year to fix.
10. TOUGH RUN CONTINUES FOR RANDY TRAVIS
The "Three Wooden Crosses" country singer who has a string of recent arrests is now critically ill with a heart ailment.