NE Tennessee parents facing charges after 3-year-old apparently overdoses on pills
Apr 17, 2013 at 7:30 AM
CHURCH HILL — The mother of a 3-year-old boy who nearly died after apparently overdosing on her medication last month was formally charged Friday with child neglect/endangerment.
The charge wasn’t pertaining to solely the drug overdose, however, but also due to the residence occupied by three small children allegedly being filthy and infested with insects crawling on food, dishes, and on a sleeping child.
Hayley Brooke Hamilton, 31, 220 Old Union Road Lot 6, Church Hill, was arraigned Monday in Hawkins County Sessions Court on one count of child neglect/endangerment and was subsequently released on $1,000 bond.