Kingsport Fire Department responds to fire at Allandale Mansion
Apr 8, 2013 at 9:00 PM
KINGSPORT — The Kingsport Fire Department received a call of fire at Allandale Mansion around 4 p.m. Monday afternoon.
KFD Public Education Officer Barry Brickey said when Engine 4 first arrived on scene, smoke was found inside one of the wings of the building.
A maintenance worker was using a torch to do some maintenance on the chimney when an ember got inside of a crack around the chimney and started the fire, Brickey said.