Who are finalists for JCPB CEO job?
Sep 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM
The list of 10 candidates who are being considered for the position of president and CEO of the Johnson City Power Board has been obtained by the Johnson City Press via an open records request.
All of the candidates have had previous experience working with electric utilities.
The candidates are:
- Ernest Bowles, who serves as assistant general manager of the Clinton Utilities Board in Clinton.
- Toxie Burriss, who serves as power operations manager of the Modesto Irrigation District in Modesto, Calif.
- Jeff Dykes, who serves as general manager of Newport Utilities in Newport.
- Mark Eades, the JCPB’s chief operations officer.
- Brian Newton, who most recently served as president and CEO of Golden Valley Electric Association in Fairbanks, Alaska.
- Steve Saum, who most recently served as general manager and CEO at Richmond Power & Light in Richmond, Ind.
- Michael Scalf, who serves as general manager of customer relations for the Tennessee Valley Authority’s Northeast district in Knoxville.
- Brian Solsbee, who serves as general manager for Etowah Utilities in Etowah.
- Jack Suggs, who serves as electrical director of the city of Oak Ridge Electric Department in Oak Ridge.
- Robert White, the JCPB’s chief public relations officer.
The list of candidates was pared down from 49 original applicants by the Power Board’s search committee, which conducted a blind search following the resignation of Homer G’Fellers, who served with the utility for 38 years.
The search committee evaluated each candidate’s planning skills, management skills, interpersonal relations, vision for the utility, practice, education, direction and reliability.
The committee decided to give preference to the two internal candidates — Eades and White — based on their work and qualifications at the utility.
The board will meet Thursday to select the final candidates for the interview process.