no avatar

Smoke alarm saves family in Chattanooga fire

Staff Report • Jan 16, 2012 at 11:59 AM

CHATTANOOGA — Chattanooga firefighters credit working smoke alarms for saving the lives of an East Brainerd couple when a fire consumed their home early this morning.

Firefighters arrived at 1825 Skyline Drive around 3 a.m. to find flames shooting through the roof, fire department spokesman Bruce Garner said.

Officials said the blaze had spread through into the attic, then rapidly spread across the top of the house.

Recommended for You

    Johnson City Press Videos