Attached are the Erwin and Johnson City squads. I recognize several names in the Johnson City one, including Kermit Tipton. If my readers can identify others, please let me know. There were 42 advertisements in the program, which are very nostalgic. See how many you remember.
1. A Winner When You Pick the Erwin Blue Devils and the Erwin Insurance Agency. Insurance, Real Estate, Rentals and Bonds, Main at Gay, Telephone 273.
2. For Economical Transportation — It's Wise to Chose a Chevrolet Six, Shell-Wills Chevrolet Co. Inc., Sales and Service.
3. Compliments of L.&S. Store, Phone 69 and Little Grocery, Phone 246-L.
4. Compliments of Erwin Service Station. Cities-Service Products, Washing, Greasing, Telephone 70.
5. Beautify Yourself for the Games, Machineless Permanent at the Tops Beauty Shop, 103 Stadium Building, Frances Smyer, Beatrice Brummett, Telephone 333.
6. After the Game ... Meet Me at The Unaka Cafe. Sandwiches, Cold Drinks, Short Orders, Plate Lunches. Bob Edwards, Manager.
7. King's Men's Shop, the Dominant Men's Store in This Section. Where The Fellow Who Knows Buys His Clothes."
8. Kincaid Florist, Sevier Theatre Building, Johnson City. "Say It With Flowers And Say It With Ours."
9. Dodge Sales-Service Plymouth, Dugger Motor Co., Specialized Wrecked Auto Rebuilding, Day-Night Wrecker Service, Phone 236-J.
10. Dixie Barbecue, "Home of Delicious Sandwiches," Johnson City.
11. Compliments of Elite Beauty Shop, "Beauty-A Joy Forever."
12. First Federal Savings & Loan. The Best Place for Your Savings Account. Current Rate of Earnings Is 4%.
13. Erwin Cleaners, Cleaning-Pressing-Altering, Telephone 125. J.O. Charles, Manager- 20 Years Experience.
14. School Days Are Enjoyable Days with an Individualized Machineless Permanent. No Pull — No Chemicals — No Burn, Just the Permanent for Unruly Hair. Princess Pet Pat Beauty Shop. Mrs. A.D. Updike, Owner, Telephone 9.
15. Compliments of Butler Norris.
16. Compliments of Carmon Evans, General Merchandise, Telephone 89-J.
17. Compliments of Bank's Cafe, Sandwiches, Short Orders, Magazines.
18. Erwin Fans and Visitors Will Always Find a Hearty Welcome At Boyd-DeArmond Inc., "The Home of Good Furniture,” Telephone 400, Erwin, Tenn., Ambulance Service, Funeral Directors.
19. Compliments of Carter Bros., "Your Friendly Food Store." Groceries, Fresh Meats, Delivery Service, 316 Main Street, Phone 240.
20. Drive Out Today For A Tank Of That Good Gulf Gasoline. Tourist Service Station, Washing, Greasing, Polishing. John LaVerne, Manager. Asheville Highway, Telephone 380.
21. If You Need Money, Apply to Us For A 6% Loan. Erwin National Bank. Member Of Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
22. Welcome Visitors. "Go After 'Em Blue Devils! Meet Your Friends at Clinchfield Drug Co. After the Game.
23. Compliments of Rule-Brummett Motor Co., Sales- Ford-Service, 24 Hour Wrecker Service. Day Phone 25, Night Phone 7400-X.
24. City Service Station, Good-Gulf-Gasoline, Gulfpride Lubricants, Washing and Greasing. Main Street, Telephone 59, Albert Chavicourt, Mgr.
25. Compliments of Liberty Lumber and MFG Co., Lumber and Building Material, Sherwin-Williams Paints, Imperial Wallpaper, Johns Manville Roofing, Kohler of Kohler Plumbing Fixtures.
26. Drink Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Johnson City, Tenn., Buy the Six-Bottle Carton for 25 Cents Plus Deposit.
27. Auto Renewal Company, Body Building and Repairing, Wrecker Service, Phone 5137, Johnson City.
28. Good Sportsmanship and May the Best Team Win. For Style and Quality, Shop at Sam's in Johnson City.
29. Compliments of Sears and Roebuck, Johnson City.
30. "You're As Old As You Feel," Play and Feel Young, Your Center of Recreation, Clinchfield, YMCA.
31. "Blue Devils" "You Furnish the Fight — Let Us Furnish the Light, East Tennessee Light & Power Company.
32. Drink Orange Crush — In The Brown Krinkled Bottle.
33. A.R. Brown & Co. — Men's Department — Headquarters For Florsheim Shoes, Spur Neckwear, Jayson Shirts, Aligator Raincoats, Michael Stern Suits.
34. This Page Donated by the Unicoi County Courthouse Officials in the Interest of Athletics, We're For You - "Blue Devils.” (Signed By) DeWitt Tucker, Floyd Chandler, Wendell Tucker, Frank T. Gentry, Fred Baughman, Carl McInturff, J.E. Woodward and J. Frank Toney.
35. Compliments of Ward A. Meyerhoeffer Insurance Agency, Jefferson Standard Life Insurance: Fire, Health & Accident, Automobile. Room 120 Stadium Bldg. Phone 31-L.
36. Compliments of Capital Theatre. "Every Patron An Honored Guest."
37. Compliments of Erwin's Men's and Ladies' Apparel. Hart Schaffner and Marx Suits. Jarman Shoes. Located on the Corner of Main and Gay.
38. Compliments of Justice Tire Co. ESSO Motor Fuel, Motor Oil. Main and Love Streets. Telephone 10.
39. Students, Mothers, Fathers, the Entire Family Can Always Find What They Want at Unaka Stores, Inc. "The Shopping Center of Erwin." Ready To Wear, Shoes, Furniture, Groceries & Meats, Jewelry, Home Furnishings.
40. Compliments of Blake W. Head. "I'm For You 'Blue Devils' Like Always."
41. A New Market, Sunshine Food Store, Opekiska Street At Elm. Groceries, Fresh Meats. "Where Everyday Is Bargain Day."
42. Compliments of Hotel Erwin and The Rainbow Tea Room.
That's quiet a trip down memory lane. I hope you enjoyed it.
Reach Bob Cox at email@example.com or at www.bcyesteryear.com.