Out & About: 5 Things to do this weekend
Dec 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM
• The Kingsport Theatre Guild will present Barbara Robinson’s “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever” tonight and Sunday at the Renaissance Theatre in Kingsport. Performances are scheduled today are 2 and 7 p.m. and on Sunday at 2 p.m. For more information, visit http://kingsporttheatre.org/ or call 392-8427.
• The Historic Jonesborough Dance Society will host contra dancing tonight at the Jonesborough Visitors Center at 7, featuring the band “Boom Chuck” from Asheville. For more information, call David Wiley at 534-8879 or visit www.historicjonesboroughdancesociety.org.
• City Youth Balley will perform “The Nutcracker” tonight and Sunday at the Elizabeth Leitner Gregory Center for Liberal Arts on the Milligan College campus. Tonight performance is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. and Sunday’s performance will be held at 2:30 p.m. General admission tickets are $15 for adults and $12 for children, and are available at Bear ‘n Friends and Party Central on North Roan Street, as well as at the door. For more information, visit www.cityyouthballet.org or call 434-2195.
• “Walking with Dinosaurs” now in cinemas nationwide, including Carmike 14 in Johnson City. Showtimes for the movie are 11:30 a.m., 1:50 p.m. and 8:50 p.m., as well as 4:15 p.m. and 6:35 p.m. for 3D.
• The 3rd annual Freedom Run 5K will be held at the Wellness Center in Johnson City today at 9 a.m. The run will benefit the fight against human trafficking and a one-mile dog walk will also be available during the event. For more information, visit www.freedomrunjc.weebly.com or email race director Holly Harris at email@example.com.