5 Out & About Things to Do This Weekend
Sep 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1. Kingsport’s Oktoberfest in downtown Kingsport runs Saturday from 10:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m. featuring beer, brats, music, corn hole and more. Information/schedule: www.kingsportoktoberfest.com
2. The fourth annual Thunder Road Road Run, featuring street rods from across America, will be held today and Saturday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at Appalachian Fairgrounds in Gray. The show is free to the public, but donations will be appreciated. Information: www.vsra-usa.com or 571-6430.
3. Jonesborough’s Music On the Square welcomes Robinella to the courthouse steps at 7 tonight for the last MOTS show of the 15th anniversary season. Information: www.musiconthesquare.com
4. The Symphony of the Mountains Chamber Ensemble will perform at East Tennessee State University Saturday, Sept. 28, at 3 p.m. in the Mathes Hall auditorium. Led by Concertmaster Sean Claire, the ensemble will perform music composed by Beethoven, Saint-Saëns and Schubert. Tickets: $15 general admission, $10 seniors, $5 for students with ID. Patrons may bring a friend for free. Information/tickets: www.etsu.edu/cas/music, call 439-4276 or email email@example.com.
5. Exchange Place Living History Farm, 4812 Orebank Road, Kingsport, will hold its 41st annual Fall Folk Arts Festival on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. Admission is $1 for adults and 50 cents for children. Information: 288-6071 or http://exchangeplace.info.