Donta Earnest and Isaac Norris were presented the Paul H. Pless Citizenship Award by Principal Chris Berry at the conclusion of the ceremony Thursday morning.
The ceremony recognizes students for excellence in specific subject areas as well as Honor Roll in each grade level. Berry said this is an opportunity to showcase students’ hard work and dedication and to take a look back on another successful year.
“Honors Day is an important day to recognize our students who have dedicated their time to school, excelled academically, shown excellent citizenship skills, and been all around great students,” Berry said. “This is a time for teachers and staff to showcase our students and a time to thank the parents and community for allowing us to work with their kids.”
At the event, numerous awards were presented including naming 90 students on the Honor Roll. Specific award recipients are as follows:
• Paul H. Pless Citizenship Award — Donta Earnest, Isaac Norris.
• Outstanding Student Awards — Kyleigh Elliott, Olivia Holly, Cagney Bennett.
• Thomas Alexander Dugger Junior Leadership Award — Blake Stewart.
• Citizenship Awards — (8th) Mia Garbe, (7th) Lily Stout, (6th) Zachery Bates.
• Vivian Johnson Award for Excellence in Writing — Jakeb Hardin.
• STEM Award — Matthew Tester.
• T.A. Dugger Special Achievement Awards — Wesley Barnette, Kyndall Clark, Malachi Morefield.
• Mr. and Miss Cyclone Awards — Conner Johnson & Madisun Pritchard.
• Daniel E. Adams Social Studies Award — Alithya White.
• Language Arts Awards — (8th) Hunter Hudson, (7th) Azalea Callahan, (6th) Lindy Simerly.
• Math Awards — (8th) Caitlyn Glover, (7th) Dawson May, (6th) Jonathan Shepard.
• Science Awards — (8th) Lydia Depew, (7th) Renna Lane, (6th) Max Garner.
• Social Studies Awards — (8th) Dane Cannon, (7th) Jack Farris, (6th) Logan Davis.