Oct 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM
The 16th Annual Wildlife Weekend will be held Friday and Saturday at Steele Creek Park in Bristol. The event will feature seminars, an art and photography show, nature walks, a geology hike and cave crawl, exhibits and other activities. For more information, call 989-5616 or visit the park’s nature center.
• The Heritage Association of Rogersville will host its 34th annual Heritage Days celebration Friday through Sunday in Rogersville’s historic town square. The event will feature a cruise-in, chili cook off, children’s costume parade, music and food. For more information, visit www.rogersvilleheritage.org.
• Tipton-Haynes State Historic Site will host the 19th annual Stories from the Pumpkin Patch from 4 to 8 p.m., Saturday. During the daylight hours, children can enjoy small crafts and carnival games as well as light and friendly tales in the corn crib. Once night falls, the festivities continue with historical interpretation, spooky stories, fiddle music and candlelight cave tours. There will also be tractor-pulled hay rides, a hotdog roast over the open fire and home-cooked treats. Admission is $5 for adults and $2.50 for ages 12 and under. For more information, call 926-3631.
• R & M Tribute Entertainment will present the Fourth Annual Elvis Extravaganza at 7 p.m., Saturday at the Renaissance Center in Kingsport. Tickets are $10 each. A portion of the proceeds will go to the East Tennessee Veterans Association. For more information, call 863-6843 or (865) 684-6082.
• The Johnson City Symphony will open its 44th season at 7:30 p.m., Saturday in the Mary B. Martin Auditorium of Seeger Chapel at Milligan College. “Tragedy to Triumph“ will feature cellist Cherylonda Fitzgerald and music by Antonin Dvorak and Jean Sibelius. Tickets are $35 for adults, $30 for seniors (65+) and $10 for students. For tickets or more information, visit www.jcsymphony.com or call 926-8742.
• Murder at the Pink Flamingo Dinner Theatre will be held from 7 to 9:30 p.m., Saturday in room 239 of the Kingsport Renaissance Center. This fundraiser for KingsportARTS and its Arts Education Program will be a night of murder, mystery, dinner and a chance to win the grand prize raffle drawing. Giuseppe’s will cater a three-course dinner. Entry for the grand prize drawing is made by purchasing raffle tickets from a KingsportARTS board member or in the KingsportARTS office. Raffle tickets are $10 each and the grand prize will equal half of monies raised through the sale of raffle tickets. Dinner tickets are $45. For tickets or more information, call 392-8420.
• Natural Tunnel State Park will host a seven-mile Fall Colors Hayride departing from the Blockhouse parking lot at 6 p.m., Saturday. Astronomy Night will begin at 9 p.m., Saturday at the Blockhouse. Pre-registration for the hayride is required by calling (276) 940-1643.